STRIX is seeking an ornithology expert for seasonal surveys.
Qualifications And Skills Required
- Extensive experience in identifying diurnal Birds of Prey
- Extensive experience in conducting avian point counts
- Proficiency in data collection
- Languages: English and/or Portuguese
- An excellent attitude and good teamwork and communication skills
Education And Experience Required
- A bachelor's or master's degree in wildlife biology, zoology, or ecology; or 5 years' of field-work experience in ecological monitoring of birds.
- Conducting avian point count surveys, identifying diurnal Birds of Prey
- Assisting with report preparation
Place and Time
- The work will take place in Sagres, in the Southwest of Portugal
- The project will take place during the months of September, October, November and December and the team members will be allocated according to our need and their availability
This is a temporary employment position; Salary will be dependent on experience and time allocated to this project.
Accommodation and meals will be provided.
Application deadline: 15.07.2018. No calls to our office locations regarding employment will be accepted.